About Third Presbyterian Church
Our Mission Statement
We are a caring Christian community, actively committed to sharing God's love in our daily lives through worship, education, service, and fellowship.
Third Presbyterian Church - Located on Rockford's Near Northwest side.
Listen to us on our church radio station, WTPB LP at 99.3 FM!
We are the "home base" for the monthly meetings of the North End Square Neighborhood Association and for Boy Scout Troop 23.
The "Growing Church That Cares" has long been
the motto of Third Presbyterian Church of Rockford.
Located on Rockford's northwest side, the "school that became a church" was organized as a congregation in 1910.
In 1912, an abandoned school house on the corner of Fremont Street and Custer Avenue was obtained for $200. The remodeled building was used until the present buildings were erected in 1960. The church has been served by six pastors; Charles Evans, H.E. Purrington, Gerald Heuver, Robert Bonham, Robert Bruce Davis, Murray Hanson and since October 2014 by Rev. Stephen L. Bowie.
Over the past twenty years, Third Presbyterian has established itself as a congregation involved in many aspects of service to the surrounding communities. The congregation has placed a special emphasis on nurturing its children and youth. For nineteen summers, Third Presbyterian sent more children and youth to Stronghold, Blackhawk Presbytery's camp and conference center in Oregon, Illinois than any other congregation!